Jeffrey Forte will present a free talk on Special Education Law at the Darien Library on Thursday, February 15 at the Darien Library entitled “Empowering Parents to Advocate for Their Child’s Rights.”
Topics will include:
- Ambitiously Appropriate IEP Goals & Objectives
- What Happens When Your Child Isn’t Progressing at School
- What Happens When the School District Denies or Takes Away Services
- Addressing IEP Verses 504 Plans, What’s the Difference
- A question and answer session will follow the presentation for further discussion.
Jeffrey Forte is a founding member of Forte Law Group, LLC and is one of the few attorneys in Connecticut that has obtained a Certificate in Special Education Advocacy from the Institute of Special Education Advocacy (ISEA) at William & Mary Law School in Williamsburg, Virginia. For more than 16 years, Jeff has devoted his entire legal career to serving the Connecticut community, advocating and negotiating on behalf of his clients.